This page describes how to use Census with Vitally.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Vitally to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your Vitally account ready.
Census makes use of different Vitally APIs for different operations. You're welcome to only connect one or the other, but we suggest connecting both in case you change your mind down the road:
- Required for Update and Create (a.k.a. "Upsert") and Append syncs
- Navigate to
- Select Integration via HTTPS API
- Copy the API Key
Copy your Analytics API Key from Vitally.
- Required for Update Only syncs
- Navigate to
- Copy the part of Basic Auth Header after the word
Basic(e.g. if it reads
Basic 1234, then only copy
Copy your REST API Key from Vitally.
- Return to Census and navigate to the Destinations page
- Click the New Destination button
- Select Vitally from the list
- Paste your API Key(s) into the relevant fields
- Optionally name your new connection and then click Connect
Vitally defines User ID and Account ID as the unique identifier for these objects in your system. You are free to use whatever ID you like, but it needs to be unique.
- Users must have at least one Account in Vitally so Accounts is a required field when syncing to users. It's also an Array field so you'll need to provide it an array value or JSON formatted Array.
- Any Account ID values that don't already exist in Vitally will be automatically created.
- Vitally's internal database has a delay between Census completing its upload and having those results reflected in the UI. This delay can be several seconds to several minutes in extreme cases.
- As with all Census syncs, when you unmap a field in Census, we will stop updating those fields. We do not delete them.