This page describes how to use Census with Vitally.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Vitally to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your Vitally account ready.
Census uses your Vitally API key to send data. Before we can connect Census to Vitally, we need to first copy that key out of Vitally's settings page.
- 1.Click the ⚙️ icon at the bottom of the left sidebar, select Integrations, and then Vitally Analytics API. Or navigate directly to
- 2.Select Integrate via HTTPS API
- 3.Copy the key out of the API Key box
- Click the Add Service button
- Select Vitally in the list
- Paste your API Key into the API Token field
- Optionally name your new connection and then click Save
Vitally defines User ID and Account ID as the unique ID for these objects in your system. You are free to use whatever ID you like, but it needs to be unique.
- Users must have at least one Account in Vitally so Accounts is a required field when syncing to users. It's also an Array field so it you'll need to provide it an array value or JSON formatted Array.
- Any Account ID values used when mapping to that don't already exist in Vitally will be automatically created.
Contact us if you want Census to support more Sync Behaviors for Vitally
- Vitally's internal database has a delay between Census completing its upload and having those results reflected in the UI. This delay can be a couple seconds to a couple minutes in extreme cases.
- As with all Census syncs, when you unmap a field in Census, we will stop updating those fields. We do not delete them.