This page describes how to use Census with Stripe.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Stripe to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your Stripe account ready.
- Have the proper credentials to access to your data source. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
- Click the Add Service button
- Select Stripe in the dropdown list
- Add your API key
In Stripe, go to Developers > API Keys and create an API key that has Write permissions into Customers (and Read permission to Balances for testing our connection).
Please follow one of our short guides depending on your data warehouse technology
Here you will have to write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Stripe. Here are some ideas of data you should select
- The type of customer
- The attribution of the customer
- Order form data to generate an invoice
Once you have created your model, click save.
In the " What data do you want to sync?" section
- For the Connection, select the data warehouse you connected in step 2
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section
- Pick Stripe as the Connection
- For Object, pick Customer
For the " How should changes to the source be synced?" section
- Select Update or Create
- Pick the right mapping key, it can be Email or any other external id for Customer
Finally, select the fields you want to update in the Mapper in the "Which Fields should be updated?" section
- Here simply map the field from your Stripe instance to the column from your model.
The end result should look something like this
Click the Next button to see the final preview which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync
Now go back to your Stripe and go view a Customer Profile that should have been updated. If everything well well, you should see your data in Stripe
That's it, in 5 steps, you connect Census to Stripe and started syncing customer & product data from your warehouse to Stripe 🎉
If you have any question or if you have any issues getting started, please contact us via the in-app live chat in the bottom right corner or send us an email at [email protected]
Census currently supports syncing to the following Stripe objects:
Update or Create