This page describes how to use Census with ActiveCampaign.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect ActiveCampaign to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your ActiveCampaign account ready.
- 1.Within ActiveCampaign, visit Settings then Developer page.
- 2.Copy the API key and the URL to provide to Census
- When prompted for your API Credentials, enter your ActiveCampaign API URL and API Key
Please follow one of our short guides depending on your data warehouse technology
Here you will have to write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in ActiveCampaign. Here are some ideas of data you should select
- the Lifetime Value of a customer and add it to a contact or companies
- The end of their trial
- The date they became active in your product
- The number of key activities a user did in your app in the last 7/30 days
Once you have created your model, click save.
In the " What data do you want to sync?" section
- For the Connection, select the data warehouse you connected in step 2
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section
- Pick ActiveCampaign as the Connection
- For Object, pick the one you want to sync data to; Contact or Account.
For the " How should changes to the source be synced?" section
- Select Update or Create if syncing to the Account object, or select either Update or Create or Update Only if syncing to the Contact object
- Pick the right mapping key, it could be Email for Contacts, Account Name for Accounts.
Finally, select the fields you want to update in the Mapper in the "Which Fields should be updated?" section
- Here simply map the field from your ActiveCampaign instance to the column from your model.
- When mapping fields to Lists in ActiveCampaign you can associate a List to a Contact by either the List ID or the String ID.
The end result should look something like this
Click the Next button to see the final preview which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync
Now go back to your ActiveCampaign and go view a record type (Contact or Account) that should have been updated. If everything went well, you should see your data in ActiveCampaign.
That's it! In 6 steps, you connected Census to ActiveCampaign and started syncing customer & account data from your warehouse to ActiveCampaign 🎉
ActiveCampaign is syncing data at approximately 37,000 contact records per hour.
Due to limitations of the ActiveCampaign API, Account records will sync significantly slower.
ActiveCampaign supports adding Contact objects to one or more lists during a sync by providing an array of identifiers by providing a Arrays and Nested Objects column from the source data. Each list can be identified by one of two identifiers:
- ID - This is an integer and can be extracted from a list's URL while inside ActiveCampaign.
- String Id - This is a URL-safe string identifier for the list. This is only typically available via the ActiveCampaign API.
Census will return an error if the list with the matching ID cannot be found. If you're quite sure it exists, double check you have the right type of ID.
Sometimes error messages can be a little cryptic. Here's some ActiveCampaign errors that pop up on occasion and what they mean.