Comment on page
The Trade Desk
This page describes how to use Census with The Trade Desk.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect The Trade Desk to Census.
- 1.Navigate to the Destinations page in Census and click New Destination.
- 2.Select The Trade Desk from the menu.
- 3.The Trade Desk needs a few different types of credentials depending on which of the destination objects you intend to use. You can optionally decide which credentials to provide:
- For Ad Groups and/or Campaigns, provide the API Token. See The Trade Desk's documentation for more information on how to generate an API Token. We recommend you generate the long-lived token, and keep in mind that you will need to regenerate one whenver it expires.
- For Conversion Events, provide a Postback URL.
- For CRM Data Segments, provide the following:
- API Token (as described above)
- Advertiser ID
- Data Region - One of:
APAC. Census will create new CRM Data Segments in the region you specify here. You can create multiple The Trade Desk destinations in Census to sync to multiple regions.
Generate an API Token from the The Trade Desk developer portal.
Census will automatically normalize email and phone identifiers to the format expected by The Trade Desk. You can optionally provide Census with a pre-hashed email or phone number. If you do, you must ensure that the data is normalized to the format expected by The Trade Desk. Census cannot determine whether a pre-hashed email or phone number is correctly normalized once it is hashed.