This page describes how to use Census with Microsoft Teams.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Microsoft Teams to Census.
If you are not already logged in to Teams, you will be redirected to a page to log in to authorize your account to use Census. Once you've authorized Census, you'll be redirected back to the Destinations page in Census where you'll see your Teams connection.
Navigate to the Models page in Census and click the Add Model button.
Here you can a write SQL query to select the data you want to send to Teams.
Once you have created your model, give it a useful name, and click Save Model.
You'll need to start by specifying how to identify entries in your data warehouse that should trigger a Sync:
- For Source > Connection, select the data warehouse you connected in step 2.
- For Source > Source, select the model you created in step 3.
- For Destination > Connection, select Microsoft Teams
- For Destination > Object, Message should be auto-selected
- Next, pick the column that uniquely identifies each record in your data source. Census will use this to identify new records that need to be used to send messages to Microsoft.
- Select the Teams channel you'd like to send messages to.
- Finally, use the text editor to customize the message that you wish to send.
- To embed values from the trigger columns or to mention users or channels from your Teams account, use the dropdown that will appear. If the list is long, try the search function.
- Click the Run Test button to see a single random record sent to your destination. For testing, you may want to temporarily change the destination message yourself.
- Click the Finish button and you'll be taken to your new sync. You can now Schedule the sync to run on a schedule or run it manually yourself.
Configure your new sync to run on a set schedule or run it manually.
Reminder: Census will send records to a Teams channel one at a time.
Census can send data to all public channels and any private channels that Census has been explicitly invited to (e.g.
Census will only write new records to a specific channel when new records appear in your data warehouse.