This page describes how to use Census with Help Scout
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Help Scout to Census.
- Have your data source properly configured within Census. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
- Click the Add Service button and find Help Scout from the dropdown list
- You'll be taken to a Help Scout OAuth screen
- Next you'll be taken back to Census where you'll find a new Help Scout connection!
Here you can write a SQL query to select the data you want to see in Help Scout, or you can use a model from a dbt project or a Looker Look. You can also use tables or views already in your data warehouse. Here are some ideas of data you could select
- The Lifetime Value of a customer
- The end date of a user's trial
- The date a user became active in your product
- The number of key activities a user did in your app in the last 7/30 days
In the "What data do you want to sync?" section.
- For the Connection, select the data warehouse you've already connected (See Prerequisites).
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3.
Choose your connection an source (your model from step 3)
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section.
- Pick the Help Scout connection you created.
- Select the Customer object
Select which object you want to sync to
For the "How should changes to the source be synced?" section.
- Select either Update or Create or Update Only
For the "How are source and destination records matched?" section.
- Pick the mapping key. For syncs to the Customer object the identifier is Primary Email.
- Select the field from your model you want as the identifier.
Finally, select the fields you want to update in the Mapper in the "Which Properties should be updated?" section. Here simply map the field from your Help Scout instance to the column from your model.
Click the Next button to see the final preview, which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync and then click Create Sync!
Update or Create