This page describes how to use Census with Gainsight.
This guide shows you how to use Census to connect your Gainsight account to your data warehouse and create your first sync.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- Gainsight account: You need your Gainsight domain as well as an API Access Key for the Gainsight API
- Have the proper credentials to access to your data source. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
Within Gainsight, click on the Sidebar > Administration > Integrations > Connectors 2.0
Click this and click on the Create Connection button in the top right, then select the Gainsight API
Do not select the GS Bulk API, select the Gainsight API
Copy the Access Key after hitting Edit Connection
Click Add Service and select Gainsight. Then paste your Access Key for the Gainsight API. Also, paste in the domain for your Gainsight account
Click Save Connection and ensure that Gainsight passes the connectivity test
, we are good to move on to the data!
Here you will have to write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Gainsight. Here are some ideas of data you should select.
- New user sign-ups
- Product usage data for customers
- CSAT scores
- Contract values
Once you have created your model, click Save.
In the " What data do you want to sync?" section
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3
- Or you can select a Table or View from your Warehouse
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section
- Pick Gainsight from step 2 as the Connection
- For Object, pick the table you want to sync data to
For the " How should changes to the source be synced?" section
- Select your preferred behavior. Update only is a great place to start if the object already exists in Gainsight. Update or Create is great for sending data from the warehouse into Gainsight that might not already be there (like all users from your warehouse to the Gainsight Person object).
Finally, select the fields you want to update in the Mapper in the "Which Fields should be updated?" section.
The end result should look something like this:
Confirm the mappings and click Next in the bottom right corner. On the next page, click the run a sync now checkbox and click on Create Sync
That's it, in 4 steps you have connected your Data Source to Gainsight!
UniqueId for Census. Company Name and Person Email are required
UniqueId for Census. Company Name, Person Email, and Relationship Name are required
Available Update Keys that are not a lookup
*The Custom Object must be configured like below for Census to be able to edit it. You can access this on your Administration > Customer Data > Data Management path on the lefthand sidebar.
Update or Create
Company, Custom Objects*