This page describes how to use Census with Zuora.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Zuora to Census and create your first sync.
- Have the proper credentials to access to your data source. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
Census will need needs the following pieces of information to connect to your Zuora instance:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Rest API Endpoint
Now that we have the credentials from Zuora, we can now set up Zuora as a Destination in Census.
- 1.In the Connections tab of Census, go to your Service Connections and click the Add Service button to create a new Zuora Service Connection.
- 2.You can provide whatever name you like.
- 3.Provide your credentials collected from Zuora in Step 1.
- 4.Click Connect
Here you can write a SQL query to select the data you want to see in Zuora. You can also use tables or views already in your data warehouse or models from data transformation tools like dbt or Looker. Here are some ideas of data you could select
- The Lifetime Value of a customer
- The end date of a user's trial
- The date a user became active in your product
- The number of key activities a user did in your app in the last 7/30 days
Once you have created your model, click Save Model.
In the "What data do you want to sync?" section:
- For the Connection, select the data warehouse you've already connected (See Prerequisites).
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3.
Choose your connection and source (your model from step 3)
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section.
- Pick the Zuora connection you created in step 3.
- For Object, select Account or Subscription.
Select which object you want to sync to
For the "How do you want to update the destination?" section.
- Select Update Only
For the "How are source and destination records matched?" section.
- Pick the mapping key:
- For syncs to the Account object select either Account ID or Account Number
- For syncs to the Subscription object select either Subscription ID or Subscription Number
- Select the field from your model you want mapped to the identifier.
Finally, select the fields you want to update in the Mapper in the "Which Fields should be updated?" section. Here simply map the field from your Zuora instance to the column from your model.
Click the Next button to see the final preview, which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync.
Account ID, Account Number
Subscription ID, Subscription Number