Learn how to use Census with Sailthru
This guide shows you how to use Census to connect your Sailthru Account to your data warehouse and create your first sync.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- Sailthru account: so that you can copy the API key.
- Have the proper credentials to access to your data source. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
- 2.Click Add Service.
- 3.Select Sailthru from the dropdown list.
- 4.Follow the Sailthru authentication flow, see below screenshots where to find your credentials.
Click on the Lock
Copy and paste from here into Census
Paste into the Corresponding fields and hit "Connect"
Your end state should look something like this: 👇
You are tested and ready to go
The steps for connecting your data source will depend on your technology. See the following guides:
When defining models, you'll write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Sailthru. This can be as simple as selecting everything in a specific database table or as complex as creating new calculated values.
- 1.From inside your Census account, navigate to the Models page.
- 2.Enter a name for your model. You'll use this to select the model later.
- 3.Enter your SQL query. If you want to test the query, use the Preview button.
- 4.Click Save Model.
The sync will move data from your warehouse to Sailthru. In this step, you'll define how that will work.
- 2.Under What data do you want to sync?, choose your data warehouse as the Connection and your model as the Source.
- 3.Under Where do you want to sync data to?, choose Sailthru as the Connection and an Object from the Sailthru Supported Objects.
- 5.Under How are source and destination records matched?, select a mapping key. See Supported Objects for details for options.
- 6.Under Which properties should be updated?, select the fields you want to update by mapping a field in Sailthru to a column in your model.
- 7.Click Next. This will open the Confirm Details page where you can see a recap of your setup.
- 8.If you want to start a sync immediately, set the Run a sync now? checkbox.
- 9.Click Create Sync.
When configuring your sync, the page should look something like this: 👇
Once your sync is complete, it's time to check your data. Open Sailthru and check that the records updated correctly.
If everything went well, that's it! You've started syncing data from your warehouse to Sailthru! 🥳️
Update or Create
You can send our support team an email at [email protected] or start a conversation from the in-app chat.