This page describes how to connect and sync your data into Pardot using Census
This guide shows you how to use Census to connect your Pardot account to your data warehouse and create your first sync.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- Pardot account: No free trials in Pardot land, unfortunately. You'll need your actual account here.
- Have the proper credentials to access to your data source. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
- 2.Click Add Service.
- 3.Select Pardot from the menu
- 4.Follow the Pardot OAuth authentication flow, which will ask you to log in with your Pardot username and password.
Once complete, you'll see your new connection in the Service Connections list. 👇
The steps for connecting your data warehouse will depend on your technology. See the following guides:
After connecting your warehouse, your Connections page should have both your data warehouse and your Pardot source listed.
When defining models, you'll write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Outreach. This can be as simple as selecting everything in a specific database table or as complex as creating new calculated values.
- 2.Enter a name for your model. You'll use this to select the model later.
- 3.Enter your SQL query. If you want to test the query, use the Preview button.
- 4.Click Save Model.
The sync will move data from your warehouse to Pardot. In this step, you'll define how that will work.
- 2.Under What data do you want to sync?, choose your data warehouse as the Connection and your model as the Source.
- 3.Under Where do you want to sync data to?, choose Pardot as the Connection and the Prospect Object in Pardot. (See Supported Objects.)
- 4.Under How should changes to the source be synced?, choose Update Only. (See Supported Sync Behaviors.)
- 5.Under How are source and destination records matched?, select a mapping key. (See Supported Objects for details.)
- 6.Under Which properties should be updated?, select the fields you want to update by mapping a field in Pardot to a column in your model.
- 7.Click Next. This will open the Confirm Details page where you can see a recap of your setup.
- 8.If you want to start a sync immediately, set the Run a sync now? checkbox.
- 9.Click Create Sync.
When configuring your sync, the page should look something like this: 👇
Once your sync is complete, it's time to check your data. Open Pardot and check that the records updated correctly.
If everything went well, that's it! You've started syncing data from your warehouse to Pardot! 🎉
Census currently supports syncing to the following Pardot objects.
Pardot ID, Email
On Prospect syncs, we can Lookup from the Prospect Object to a List, which creates the list membership. The identifiers for the list are the list name or the List ID, and there are image examples below
Lookup by List ID
Lookup by List Name
Update or Create