This page describes how to use Census with Outreach.
This guide shows you how to use Census to connect your Outreach account to your data warehouse and create your first sync.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- 2.Click Add Service.
- 3.Select Outreach from the dropdown list.
- 4.Follow the Outreach authentication flow, which will ask you to log in with your Outreach username and password.
Your end state should look something like this. 👇
Connections page with Outreach
The steps for connecting your data warehouse will depend on your technology. See the following guides:
After connecting your warehouse, your Connections page will look something like this: 👇
Connections page with data warehouse and Outreach
When defining models, you'll write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Outreach. This can be as simple as selecting everything in a specific database table or as complex as creating new calculated values.
- 2.Enter a name for your model. You'll use this to select the model later.
- 3.Enter your SQL query. If you want to test the query, use the Preview button.
- 4.Click Save Model.
Basic SQL query for a new model
The sync will move data from your warehouse to Outreach. In this step, you'll define how that will work.
- 2.Under What data do you want to sync?, choose your data warehouse as the Connection and your model as the Source.
- 6.Under Which properties should be updated?, select the fields you want to update by mapping a field in Outreach to a column in your model.
- 7.Click Next. This will open the Confirm Details page where you can see a recap of your setup.
- 8.If you want to start a sync immediately, set the Run a sync now? checkbox.
- 9.Click Create Sync.
When configuring your sync, the page should look something like this: 👇
Sync setup for Outreach
Although the sync can update custom fields in Outreach, these fields will show up as Custom# rather than using the custom field name. You may need to visit the custom field configuration in Outreach settings to check the field number.
Sync setup displays custom fields without the custom field name
Once your sync is complete, it's time to check your data. Open Outreach and check that the records updated correctly.
If everything went well, that's it! You've started syncing data from your warehouse to Outreach! 🎉
In most cases, you won't run into any issue with sync speed based on rate limiting unless:
- You're running an initial sync action that will update many records in Outreach.
- You have another integration or service that's making API calls to Outreach and using the same user account.
We recommend authenticating your Outreach connection with an Outreach user that has the standard Admin governance profile.