This page describes how to use Census to sync data from your warehouse to ChartMogul.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect ChartMogul to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your ChartMogul account ready.
- Have the proper credentials to access to your data source. See our docs for each supported data source for further information:
In your ChartMogul account:
- 1.Navigate to Profile > View Profile
- 2.Scroll down to API Keys
- 3.Click New API Keys
- 4.Hold onto this API Key for the next section, you'll need it!
For more details on finding your ChartMogul API keys, you may follow ChartMogul's documentation here.
- Click the Add Service button.
- Select ChartMogul in the dropdown list
- Paste your ChartMogul account's API Key. Save your connection and if everything is set up correctly, you should see a successful connection test verifying the connection.
Please follow one of our short guides depending on your data warehouse technology.
Here you have the ability to write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in ChartMogul. (If you already have you data available in a table or view, you can skip this step and connect your sync directly to that).
Once you have created your model, click Save.
For our sample sync, we're going to update a ChartMogul Customer record.
In the "What data do you want to sync?" section
- For the Connection, select the data warehouse you connected in step 2
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section.
- Pick ChartMogul as the Connection
- For Object, we will be using Customer
For the "How should changes to the source be synced?" section.
- Select Update Only
Now we'll start mapping fields. ChartMogul requires two fields to be mapped: the customer's External ID and their Data Source ID. You can find the Data Source ID by navigating to this page within ChartMogul and clicking the gear icon next to the Data Source.
After the required fields, you can add any further fields you like.
Click the Next button to see the final preview, which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync.
Now go back to ChartMogul, and check that the customer has been updated as expected.
That's it! In 6 steps, you've connected Census and started syncing product data from your warehouse to ChartMogul 🎉
Census currently supports syncing to the following ChartMogul objects.
Data Source ID + External ID (both are required)
Syncs to the ChartMogul Customer object require both the Data Source ID and the External ID to ensure the customer is updated or created as expected. This is necessary because External IDs can be duplicated across Data Sources. You can find the Data Source ID by navigating to this page in ChartMogul and clicking the gear icon next to the desired Data Source.
Update or Create
Line items must be modelled as a JSON array on the Invoice record itself. This is necessary because Line Items do not have their own endpoint and must be supplied inline on Invoice creation. For an example of how this type of JSON array might look, see the "line_items" field here within ChartMogul's documentation.