This page describes how to use Census to sync data from your warehouse to Chargify.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Chargify to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your Chargify account ready.
- 1.Navigate to your target Chargify site. The URL should be
http://[SUBDOMAIN].chargify.com/dashboard. Make note of the subdomain, you'll need that in a minute.
- 2.Click on Config in the left navigation, then select Integrations. By default, API Keys should already be selected. Press the New API Key button and copy and paste the resulting API Key. You won't be able to retrieve it again. Once it's created, feel free to edit it and give it a name like Census Integration so you'll remember.
- Paste your Chargify site's API Key and Subdomain. Save your connection and if everything is set up correctly, you should see a successful connection which should look something like this 👇
Please follow one of our short guides depending on your data warehouse technology.
After setting up your warehouse, your Census Destinations page should look like this.
Here you have the ability to write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Chargify. (If you already have you data available in a table or view, you can skip this step and connect your sync directly to that).
For your model, let's select some events you want to tie to billing in Chargify. These might be.
- Adding new users to a team
- Turning on new features for the first time
- The number of new document creations.
Once you have created your model, click Save.
For our sample sync, we're going to be syncing to Chargify's Billable Events. In this case, we'll also need one more piece of information, the target Billable Event Stream's API Name. To get that, visit Chargify, click Events in the left navigation, and then Streams. You'll have to first create a stream if you don't have one. Once you've created it, copy and paste the stream API name.
In the " What data do you want to sync?" section
- For the Connection, select the data warehouse you connected in step 2
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 3
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section.
- Pick Chargify as the Connection
- For Object, we will be using Billable Event
For the " How should changes to the source be synced?" section.
- Select Append
- Pick a unique identifier for the billable events.
Now we'll start mapping fields. Chargify requires two fields to be mapped, the target Stream API Handle which we retrieved earlier as well as a timestamp for the event.
From there, you can add any fields you like. We'll use the "Sync All Properties" setting to automatically send every other column from our data source to the destination.
Click the Next button to see the final preview, which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync.
Now go back to Chargify, visit Events, Streams, and click on the stream you targeted. If everything well well, you should see your data!
That's it! In 6 steps, you've connected Census and started syncing product data from your warehouse to Chargify 🎉
Census currently supports syncing to the following Chargify objects.