This page describes how to use Census with Campaign Monitor.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Campaign Monitor to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your Campaign Monitor account ready, including your List ID.
- 1.Within Campaign Monitor, visit Settings then the Developer page.
- 2.Copy the API key to provide to Census
- Click the Add Service button
- Select Campaign Monitor in the dropdown list
- When prompted for your API Credentials, enter your Campaign Monitor API Key
Once complete, you'll see your new connection in the Service Connections list.
Please follow one of our short guides depending on your data warehouse technology
Now navigate to the Model section of our Dashboard
When defining models, you'll write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in CampaignMonitor. This can be as simple as selecting everything in a specific database table or as complex as creating new calculated values.
- 1.From inside your Census account, navigate to the Models page.
- 2.Enter a name for your model. You'll use this to select the model later.
- 3.Enter your SQL query. This is a good spot to include your List ID, as it'll be needed later during the creation of your sync. If you want to test the query, use the Preview button.
- 4.Click Save Model.
The sync will move data from your warehouse to Campaign Monitor. In this step, you'll define how that will work.
- 2.Under What data do you want to sync?, choose your data warehouse as the Connection and your model as the Source.
- 3.Under Where do you want to sync data to?, choose CampaignMonitor as the Connection and the Subscribe Object in CampaignMonitor. (See Supported Objects.)
- 4.Under How should changes to the source be synced?, choose Update or Create. (See Supported Sync Behaviors.)
- 5.Under How are source and destination records matched?, select a mapping key. (See Supported Objects for details.)
- 6.Under Which Properties should be updated?, select the fields you want to update by mapping a field in CampaignMonitor to a column in your model. Your Campaign Monitor List ID will be needed here to map to the List field(see screenshot below).
- 7.Click Next. This will open the Confirm Details page where you can see a recap of your setup.
- 8.If you want to start a sync immediately, select the Run a sync now? checkbox.
- 9.Click Create Sync.
When configuring your sync, the page should look something like this: 👇
Once your sync is complete, it's time to check your data. Open Campaign Monitor and check that the records are updated correctly.
If everything went well, that's it! You've started syncing data from your warehouse to Campaign Monitor!
Census currently supports syncing to the following CampaignMonitor objects.