This page describes how to use Census with Appcues.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect Appcues to Census and create your first sync.
- Have your Appcues account ready.
- Click the Add Service button
- Select Appcues in the dropdown list
- Copy your Appcues Account ID, and your API key & secret, which can be created and managed in your API Keys page on studio.appcues.com. For more details on where these values are located, check out Appcues' official documentation. It's important to ensure that your API Key has proper permissions. If not, you may run into issues accessing certain endpoints.
Here you can write SQL queries to select the data you want to see in Appcues. Here are some ideas of data you can select
- The Lifetime Value of a customer and add it to a user
- The end date of a users' trials
- The date users became active in your product
- The number of key activities a user did in your app in the last 7/30 days
Once you have created your model, click save.
Note: you can also sync an existing table or view from your source directly.
In the " What data do you want to sync?" section
- For the Connection, select your data warehouse
- For the Source, select the model you created in step 2
Next up is the "Where do you want to sync data to?" section
- Pick Appcues as the Connection
- For Object, pick the one you want to sync data to.
After selecting the update mechanism and the matching identifiers, you can select the fields you want to update in the mapper under the "Which properties should be updated?" section
Click the Next button to see the final preview which will have a recap of what will happen when you start the sync
Now go back to Appcues and go view a User record that should have been updated or created. If everything went well, you should see your data in Appcues
That's it! In 4 steps, you've connected Appcues and started syncing customer & product data from your warehouse 🎉
Census currently supports syncing to the following Appcues objects.